BIDS, TENDERS AND CUSTOMER LIAISON MANAGER VACANCY
EDP Health, Safety and Environment Consultants Ltd provide services across a wide range of health, safety and environmental sectors, including asbestos compliance.
As a consequence of considerable growth in our markets, we are seeking a Bids, Tenders & Customer Liaison Manager to assist with asbestos and associated work streams where we already enjoy considerable success. The role is to identify and deliver successful PQQ, ITT and other sales opportunities. This role will build greater professionalism, efficiency and success rates into existing processes. It will also identify greater volumes of opportunities as well as structure this part of our business into a more efficient function. This relates in particular to supporting our Services teams including Asbestos Services although it will also support the needs of other divisions as required.
It is essential that the successful candidate has a minimum of five years’ experience in a procurement management or in a Bid Manager role and has experience in a commercial bids review environment. The candidate must also be able to show a flexible approach to sales opportunities of an ad-hoc, non-tender nature, as well as mini-tenders and pricing opportunities.
PROACTIVE IDENTIFICATION OF BIDS
- Proactive identification of relevant PQQs and ITTs.
- Attending Meet the Buyer events
- Management of our portals
- Relationship building with key target prospects
- Sales function from inbound enquiries
- Information collecting from inbound opportunities
BIDS AND SALES MANAGEMENT
- Facilitating and preparing all tenders and PQQs
- Establishing a delivery process to support high quality submissions
- Managing inbound sales enquiries to ensure timely submission of proposals
- Following-up and progressing open proposals for status updates
- Ensuring feedback is received and acted upon for future bids
- Using relationship management software to log present and future opportunities
- Developing and organising prepared best practice documentation responses
- Reporting on performance, conversion rates, values and failures
A competitive salary and associated benefits package will be offered commensurate with experience.
A full job description and person specification is available on request. To apply please send a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role together with a CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference 0062 in the email title.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 14th July 2017